BREAK INTO YOUR GARAGE FROM THE OUTSIDE IN 6 SECONDS or LESS



By Mike Coates
Boundary Park Journal
October 28, 2013
 
With all the self-help videos available at the click of a mouse, it no longer surprises me that you can find help on virtually any subject.

Take for example garage doors. Lets say my home has a typical 2 car garage door complete with an electric garage door opener. I'm out shopping and upon my return I discover that there is an area wide power outage and my electric garage door opener won't work. What would I do?

 
Having just viewed the following self help video,  I would now open my garage door with the aid of a coat hanger and a small piece of wood in six seconds or less.  However being new to breaking into my garage I might even give myself one minute to perform this "no-brain-er" task.
 
So if I can easily break into my own garage, is it safe to assume that thieves could also break into my garage?  The answer is yes. And without doubt experienced thieves in six seconds or less, all without leaving a trace of forcible entry.
 
Fortunately my home insurance policy covers me for property loss due to mysterious disappearance. However, I have heard too many stories of people filing insurance claims under mysterious disappearance and having a difficult time proving their property losses.  
 
To avoid having to go through this hassle, I plan to take preventative measures to ensure no one can break into my garage regardless of the time it takes without having to first break down my door. At least I won't have to prove to the RCMP and insurance company how our property was stolen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments: